also known as:
Gaeng Kieow Waan Gung
Thai Green Curry (Gaeng Kieow Waan) is perhaps the most popular of all Thai dishes with foreigners. The soup usually taste sweet and a little spicy.
- 200 g of fresh shrimps (peeled, devained and keep shrimps head)
- 2 tbs. of green curry paste
- Red and Green spur chilli (sliced)
- 2 tbsp of Brinjal eggplants (Makhua Phuang)
- ¾ cup of Thai eggplants (cubed)
- 3 Fresh Kaffir lime leaves
- 3 tbsp of sweet basil leaves
- 250 ml. coconut milk
- 1 tbs Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbs Sugar
- ½ tbs Soy sauce
- In a wok, heat the 100 ml. of coconut milk over medium-high heat.
- Add the green curry paste and Kaffir lime leaves, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the eggplant and cook for a while.
- Add the shrimp and remaining of coconut milk, stirring around 2 - 3 minutes.
- Seasoning with oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar then taste it.
- Put the sweet basil leaves, red and green spur chilli, continue stir fry around 1 - 2 minute.
- It is now ready to serve.
Share or Bookmark this page with: